- Students gain knowledge into the fundamentals and applications of advanced cellular imaging techniques in biomedical research.
- The lectures will provide the students with practical examples of ongoing research in the Molecular Life Sciences.
- Principles of fluorescence and electron microscopy:
- Introduction to microscopy (Jack Fransen)
- Advanced microscopical techniques (Jack Fransen)
- Proteinacious reporter molecules (Werner Koopman)
- Chemical reporter molecules (Peter Willems)
- Image processing and quantification in microscopy:
- Image processing and quantification (Werner Koopman)
- Analysis of molecular complexes in cellular signal transduction (Roland Brock)
- State-of-the-art applications in biology and medicine
- Imaging of intracellular protein routing in health and disease (Jack Fransen)
- 'Dyeing' mitochondrial shape and function in metabolic disease (Peter Willems/Werner Koopman)
- Dynamic imaging of cancer (Katarina Wolf)
- Analysis of cellular import, residence time and breakdown of potential therapeutic molecules (Roland Brock)