After this course, the students are able to
- recognize limitations of classic UNIX security,
- understand security concepts of modern operating systems for desktop and mobile devices,
- evaluate OS configurations from a security perspective,
- identify and apply common attacks against operating systems,
- recognize and utilize standard defense mechanisms.
This lecture gives an introduction to security issues of operating systems and in particular puts the content of the lecture of "Hacking in C" into a broader context.